Gold is durable, sturdy, and dependable. To get a lifetime of enjoyment from your jewelry:
- Keep your gold jewelry free from dust, moisture, perspiration and make-up
- Do not wash your gold jewelry with ordinary soap and water, as this will leave a dull film on the surface. Instead, clean gold jewelry with a jeweler-recommended cleaning solution or an ultrasonic machine.
- Avoid wearing gold jewelry when using harsh chemicals or doing rough work.
- Protect your gold jewelry by storing it in a fabric lined jewelry box or wrapping it in a soft cloth when not being worn.
There is no mystery to caring for your fine silver jewelry. Just follow these tips:
- Store your silver in a cool, dry place that is preferably airtight, to avoid oxidation. Do not store directly on wood, which often contains acids that can affect silver’s surface.
- Store items in a tarnish-proof cloth, or in drawers with tarnish resistant strips. Store each item individually, either in its own soft pouch or in a separate compartment of your jewelry box.
- If a piece of silver jewelry becomes tarnished, use a paste, liquid polish or a treated cloth to restore its original luster.